The Twelfth IAPR International Workshop on Graphics Recognition (GREC 2017) is organized by the IAPR TC-10 (Technical Committee on Graphics Recognition).
The GREC workshops provide an excellent opportunity for researchers and practitioners at all levels of experience to meet colleagues and to share new ideas and knowledge about graphics recognition methods. The workshops enjoy strong participation from researchers in both industry and academia.
Relevant topics of interest include, but are not limited to :
- Analysis and interpretation of graphical documents, such as:
Engineering drawings, floorplans, mathematical expressions, comics, maps, music scores, patents, diagrams, charts, tables, etc.
- Recognition of graphic elements, such as symbols, logos, stamps, dropcaps, drawings, etc.
- Identification and localization of graphical mark-ups and annotations in written documents.
- Raster-to-vector techniques.
- Graphics-based information retrieval.
- Historical graphics recognition and indexing.
- Forensics (Writer identification/verification) in graphic documents.
- Description of complete systems for interpretation of graphic documents.
- Datasets and performance evaluation in graphics recognition.
- Authoring, editing, storing and presentation systems for graphics multimedia documents.
- 3-D models from multiple 2-D views (line drawings).
- Digital ink processing.
- Sketch recognition and understanding.
- Camera-based graphics recognition.
- Graphics recognition in born digital documents.
- Analysis of graphics on new digital interfaces.
- Graphics detection and recognition in real scenes.
Contests and Competitions
Organizers: Bart Lamiroy